BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Don't Let the Boulevard Knock You Down...

I've started to realize that the majority of people today are living our lives completely and utterly wrong.
Do you ever walk down the street and see someone smiling at a tree because its simply beautiful? Do you ever do the same ourself? Do you ever stop worrying about what other people thing and take a second to stare at yourself in the mirror to see what you think about the person standing there?

A few months ago I met this guy who completely changed my life, and surprisingly, I am not talking about the love of my life... No, this guy changed me in other ways. He wasn't the guy standing there telling me I look beautiful everyday but he was the one who somehow in one magic hour got it into my head that everything I had ever looked at in this life and every thought I had ever pursued, was indeed, flawed or simply there because of what Society had told me. And for that, Luis, well, I thank you... 


And one of the biggest things he has taught me is this: We do not live life the way in which we should. And the thought? well, it simply brings tears to my eyes.

A few days ago I was talking to one of best friends/ex's and we discussed this basic idea. throughout the conversation I realized that too many people are caught up paying too much attention to other people... People worry too much about what another person is going to think rather than what their natural thoughts and desires tell them. What if instead of wondering how your parents would react to your confession of some secret crime, you told them, with a pre-exsisting acceptance that no matter what, your thoughts on the situation were the only ones that mattered?

What if every time you felt something, you stopped to actually look at it and not let the people walking quickly down the boulevard knock you over...? They aren't the ones who are better off...

0 comments: