BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My one, my only...

   A little over six months ago, I stumbled upon this brilliant thing known as college and I met a most interesting mixture of three amazing men that I now can call my best friends. I believe it was around, well, around a week into our knowing of each others existence that I fell in love with man number one; Dakota.    

   Dakota Smith. 
   I stared blankly with my bored mind across this sea of Mac computers during my first day of photo class, simply people watching my fellow photography students until my eyes fell upon someone who managed to hold my rapid and curious eyes to one single stare. He had this gorgeous head of hair that fell oh so beautifully above his huge blue eyes, and he had the arms that for some strange reason I already found myself curious as to what they felt like to be held in. 
   Two days later i strutted into my class, sharply at 6pm, and before i sat down, I leaned slightly over the top of the computer in front of me, knowing fully that I had dressed myself in one of my favorite flowery dresses. Not because the weather was beautiful that particular thursday night. Not because I felt like it helped cure my bad self esteem issues in the least bit. But because I knew it showed my breasts perfectly.       Yes, I was planning to lure the man of my dreams in, during a photography class, using the simply tactic of allowing my cleavage to show a little (okay, maybe a LOT) more than usual. 
His name was Dakota. We exchanged phone numbers that evening and I hopefully returned to my dorm room, already attempting to send a few flirtatious text messages. 
At some point, somehow I managed to catch his attention, and well, the rest...? Is history. :) 
I fell in love, we made love, we promised each other forever, and we fully exchanged hearts.
Six months later, through an organization in school, Dakota had the opportunity to travel to the country of Switzerland over our spring break. Now, something you should know ahead of time is that my biggest desire in life is to travel the world, but I have never gotten the chance to travel anywhere further than the southern United States. 
   I've always for some reason been surrounded by friends and family who get to travel. I've grown up to dislike tourism gifts if they are from someone else, from a place I haven't been and I don't particularly like hearing people tell me all about their big trips and all. It's just how I've always been. I know and admit that it is all complete ego. 
   So Dakota left for his trip, and I stayed here in the good ol' US of A where everything is the same ol' same ol' and of course, my jealousy had began to settle in. 
   The only communication we could have was basically a once daily skype date before he went to bed (mid day for me). 
   Well today, I was coming back from a trip to visit family, an eight hour drive, so I wasn't able to skype Dakota at the time he could. I told him that I could wake up in my middle of the night (his next morning) so that we could talk but he insisted on going to sleep for a few hours while I drove the rest of the way home and then waking up to skype me for a little bit before returning to his nights sleep. 
   I ran to my room after unpacking the cars and gave him a call on his cell phone, oh so excited to see and talk to my baby (the skype date the day before had not gone so well because I was not feeling well, and of course the jealousy factor while still trying to let him tell me about his adventures of the day) When he answered the phone, he sounded mad, frustrated and annoyed to have to wake up and talk to me so obviously I was a little upset. I told him to go back to bed. 
   Basically, as I answered his call, all that I saw were tears falling from his reddened eyes. I started to tear up at just the sight of y baby crying. I hated it but I didn't understand what was wrong. 
   He explained to me that he hates being gone without me, knowing that I want to travel so very badly and he told me that all he wanted to do was to make me as happy as possible while he was away. 
   
   I realized tonight just exactly what love means. It isn't a fairy tell with a princess locked away in a castle waiting for a her prince's kiss. Love isn't tow people going out to eat a spaghetti dinner and a slice of new york cheesecake for dessert. It isn't the kiss at the end of a perfect date, nor is it the laced fingers of teenagers walking through the crowded mall. 
   Love is the sunshine in the morning with the dew on the blades of grass. Love is the flower blooming so beautifully in the spring. It's the birds chirping at your window sill to call you to another day's work, and the tear falling from a smiling girls face. 
   Today I came to the realization that Dakota Smith is in absolute love with me and I'm in absolute love with him. There is no other man I ever dream of with the sunrise behind him while the birds chirp peaceful songs and the flowers bloom oh so slowly and a tear falls from my smiling face. There is no other human being that I have ever felt so incredibly a part of, so incredibly desired by and so incredibly loved by. 

I only wish there were words that could tell him what he means to me because Dakota Smith, you are my one, my only... 

0 comments: